Search This Blog

Monday, September 27, 2010

I'm everything I am because you loved me

Written by Dina Said
Edited by Maha Shouman
Inspired by Dr. Ayman El-Gendy and Moaz Masoud


When we listen to love songs, we may feel that these people are probably lying.

How can someone love to this extent? Does anyone in this world deserve such love?

The truth is that our souls are dying for such a big love; the love which makes us fly as they said in these songs.

We keep searching for this love, even if we deny this. Sometimes, we think that we have finally found it.
However, in most times it turns out to be a big lie, or at least we discover that it is not that great as we thought it to be.

We keep searching and searching until we discover that the only love that lasts forever, the only love that makes your soul satisfied is your love to your God.

I was surprised when I found some statements mentioned in love songs, which are supposed to be directed to humans, are already mentioned in the holy Quran or in Prophet Mohammed's hadith to be directed from us to Allah or from Allah to us.

For example a famous song of Bryan Adams says: "Everything I do, I do it for you". Isn’t this how our relationship with Allah should be? We do everything in our lives just for Him; our work, our daily duties towards our spouse, our parents, our children, and our country.
Every single movement, even our sleeping, should be made just for Him. 

Allah said in the Holy Quran:
"Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds". Quran:6-162

قُلۡ إِنَّ صَلَاتِى وَنُسُكِى وَمَحۡيَاىَ وَمَمَاتِى لِلَّهِ رَبِّ ٱلۡعَـٰلَمِينَ
الأنعام - 162)


There is a famous song of Egyptian singer in which he says “Do you know the effect the words "my love" have on me? It is as if I feel safe for the first time.” 

I was thinking, Subhan Allah, a lot of girls don’t feel safe because they didn't find "true love" yet. They are thinking that they will finally find security when someone tells them "I love you".  But, actually we will never feel the ultimate safety unless Allah loves us.



See what He says:
"'Whosoever acts with enmity towards a closer servant of Mine (wali), I will indeed declare war against him."
من عادى لي ولياً فقد آذنته بالحرب

Allah will declare a war for you if you are close to Him. Tell after you heard this hadith, isn't it really your first time to feel “safe”?

In the same song of Bryan Adams, he says

"There's no love like your love
And no other could give more love
There's nowhere unless you're there
All the time all the way"

Oh my God!! Who can give more love than Allah?

See what happen when Allah loves someone:

"Nothing endears My servant to Me than doing of what I have made obligatory upon him to do. And My servant continues to draw nearer to Me with   
supererogatory (nawafil) prayers so that I shall love him. When I love him, I shall be his hearing with which he shall hear, his sight with which he shall see, his hands with which he shall strike, and his feet with which he shall walk. And if he asks (something) of Me, I shall surely give it to him, and if he takes refuge in Me, I shall certainly grant him it.'" 
وما تقرب إليَّ عبدي بشيء أحب إليَّ مما افترضته عليه، وما يزال عبدي يتقرب إليَّ بالنوافل حتى أحبه فإذا أحببته.. كنت سمعه الذي يسمع به.. وبصره الذي يبصر به.. ويده التي يبطش بها.. ورجله التي يمشي بها.. ولئن سأليني لأعطينه.. ولئن استعاذني لأعيذنه


Actually this hadith qudsi reminds me with of another song by Ceiline Dion:

"You were my strength when I was weak
You were my voice when I couldn't speak
You were my eyes when I couldn't see"

I was reading the comments of users on this song on YouTube and I found that most of them dedicate it to their spouse and boy/girl friends. Some people said that they sang this song in the funeral of their grandparents or parents. How sad it is that someone passed away after he/she loves you all this love!!! 

However, what if Allah loves you in this way? He would never die.  He would never leave you. He will be always there for you. 

We find that a lot of women complain that their husbands don't announce their love to them. Many children and even adults are suffering because their parents never told them "we love you".

But, you know what happens when He loves you, He can't even hide this love as some people do in this life.

See another hadith Qudsi:  The Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said

"If Allah has loved a servant [of His] He calls Gabriel (on whom be peace) and says: I love So-and-so, therefore love him. He (the Prophet peace be upon him) said: So Gabriel loves him. Then he (Gabriel) calls out in heaven, saying: Allah loves So-and-so, therefore love him. And the inhabitants of heaven love him. He (the Prophet peace be upon him) said: Then acceptance is established for him on earth. "

But, how we can reach Allah's love?
"Say: "If ye do love Allah, follow me: Allah will love you and forgive you your sins; for Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.", Quran 3-31.

"قُلۡ إِن كُنتُمۡ تُحِبُّونَ ٱللَّهَ فَٱتَّبِعُونِى يُحۡبِبۡكُمُ ٱللَّهُ وَيَغۡفِرۡ لَكُمۡ ذُنُوبَكُمۡ‌ۗ وَٱللَّهُ غَفُورٌ۬ رَّحِيمٌ۬" -ال عمران -31"

It's not that complicated. Follow the instructions of Prophet Mohammed (peace be upon him) and you will be granted with Allah's love and a forgiveness of all your sins. 

Does this mean we shouldn’t love other humans?

No, it simply means that we should love Allah and his messenger more than any human. In this sense, we will never obey any human if he/she ordered us to disobey Allah as we won't waste the greatest love of Allah for any other love we think humans will give us.



-------------------------------------------

"Because You Loved Me", dedicated to my Lord

For all those times you stood by me
For all the truth that you made me see
For all the joy you brought to my life
For all the wrong that you made right
For every dream you made come true
For all the love I found in you
I'll be forever thankful, You're the one who held me up
Never let me fall
You're the one who saw me through, through it all
You were my strength when I was weak
You were my voice when I couldn't speak
You were my eyes when I couldn't see
You saw the best there was in me
Lifted me up when I couldn't reach
You gave me faith 'cause you believed
I'm everything I am Because you loved me
You gave me wings and made me fly
You touched my hand, I could touch the sky
I lost my faith, you gave it back to me
You said no star was out of reach
You stood by me and I stood tall
I had your love, I had it all
I'm grateful for each day you gave me
Maybe I don't know that much But I know this much is true
I was blessed because I was loved by you
You were my strength when I was weak
You were my voice when I couldn't speak
You were my eyes when I couldn't see
You saw the best there was in me
Lifted me up when I couldn't reach
You gave me faith 'cause you believed
I'm everything I am Because you loved me
You were always there for me
The tender wind that carried me
A light in the dark shining your love into my life
You've been my inspiration
Through the lies you were the truth
My world is a better place because of you
You were my strength when I was weak
You were my voice when I couldn't speak
You were my eyes when I couldn't see
You saw the best there was in me
Lifted me up when I couldn't reach
You gave me faith 'cause you believed
I'm everything I am Because you loved me  

No comments:

Post a Comment